Ireland's National Stem Cell Research Organisation
The Irish Stem Cell Foundation is a Member of the International Consortium of Stem Cell Networks, and is committed to the Pursuit of International Cooperation, Collaboration and Excellence in the Stem Cell Field.
- Accelerate Stem Cell Research to Cure the Major Illnesses of Our Generation.
- Provide a Focus on Education in All Areas of Stem Cell Research and Therapy.
- Establish a Forum to Promote, Foster and Exchange Accurate Information on the Progress of Stem Cell Research to All Interested Parties.
We also seek to have appropriate legislation and improve current governance to make Irish medical research more competitive internationally and to educate and thus reduce risk to the Irish patient.
A short, easy-to-understand movie introducing the science and concepts of stem cells and their medical uses.
Highlights from the Irish Stem Cell Foundation's previous public engagements.
There are other groups in Ireland and the rest of the world with whom we share common objectives.
Read More »
- Medical Independent: The stem cell revolution
- Irish Independent: Stem-cell therapy scams 'preying on the vulnerable'
- Irish Examiner: Loss of Independent Adviser raises fears for Irish Scientific & Medical Research
- Medical Independent: The Appliance of Science
- Irish Examiner: Political expediency, not austerity, caused Ireland to lose its independent Scientific Adviser
- RTE News: 'Huge and obvious conflict of interest' as Chief Sciencific Adviser Office Shut
- RTE News: Government urged on stem cell legislation